Global pandemic left you with a little time on your hands? Well, if you get some time between long overdue household projects and/or home schooling (we feel for you) why not relax with a good Netflix binge?
Here is a quick list of 20 binge-worthy shows currently on Netflix (we’ve got the Mexican version, so our options are a little different, but still awesome…) I’m not gonna lie, we’ve seen quite a few of these, and that’s why they are on this list, but we’ve added a few more that we hear are good and plan to check out!
Here we go, in no particular order:
1. Ozark: [this is one of our all-time favorites!] Jason Bateman stars in this show about a man who must come up with a way of saving himself and his family after his business partner cheats a dangerous client. Great acting, superb twists, very well written.
2. Formula 1: Drive to Survive: This show is is a perfect introduction to the best soap opera in sports – Formula 1 racing. Even if you’ve never been interested in Formula 1, you’ve got to see this show. SO GOOD. Season 1 follows the circuit and introduces you to the teams and drivers for the 2018 Season. Season 2 covers all the drama and behind-the-scenes action in 2019.
3. The Horn – The Horn follows the paramedics and helicopter pilots of Air Zermatt, a specialist rescue organization located at the base of Switzerland’s famed and ferocious, Matterhorn mountain. Amazing cinematography and really interesting story of Air Zermatt.
4. Taco Chronicles – Think all tacos are the same? You’re very, very wrong. Learn about the different types of tacos and their history, but beware, you’re gonna be hungry when you’re done with this show…
4. Don’t F**k with Cats – A warped story that will keep you enthralled and horrified in equal measure right up until the end. It also carries an important message about today’s internet led society and the dangers that can come with it.
5. Love is Blind – A dating show about who those want to be loved for who they are, rather than what they look like…. we promise you’ll be hooked.
6. You – Penn Badgley transforms into a dangerously charming, intensely obsessive young man goes to extreme measures to insert himself into the lives of those he is transfixed by.
7. Dead to me – Christina Applegate stars as a widow who meets and befriends a stranger at a grief meeting, they swiftly become good friends, but she later realizes there is far more to her than meets the eye. This is another witty, fun to watch show with twists you don’t expect.
8. Bloodline – Set in the Florida Keys, Bloodline centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home.
9. Marco Polo – This one has been around awhile, but if you haven’t seen it yet now is a great time. Beautiful cinematography. Following the adventures of the young explorer Marco Polo are chronicled in this drama, which also delves into his relationship with the Mongolian leader Kublai Khan.
10. Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez – As a gifted young football athlete from Bristol, Connecticut, Aaron Hernandez had capitalized rapidly on his promise, playing for a top tier college program before being drafted into the National Football League at the age of 20. But in 2013, fresh off of a newly inked five-year, $40 million contract with the New England Patriots, Hernandez would become a household name for the most infamous murder case involving an American athlete since OJ Simpson.
11. Lost in Space – Danger Will Robinson! A Netflix Original dramatic and modern reimagining of the classic 1960’s science fiction series. Pretty good!
12. Scandal – Scandal after scandal following along with the life of Olivia Pope. A former White House Communications Director who starts her own crisis management firm. She quickly realizes her clients are not the only ones with secrets.
13. House of Cards – if you somehow missed this series when it was airing, now is a great time to watch. Really horrifying and interesting show about US politics, superbly acted. A drama about a ruthless congressman and his equally ambitious wife who navigate the corridors of power in Washington, D.C.
14. Money Heist (La Casa de Papel) – SO GOOD. An enigmatic character called The Professor plans something unique when he plots to carry out the biggest robbery in history.
15. The Pharmacist – After his son’s tragic death, a Louisiana pharmacist goes to extremes to expose the rampant corruption behind the opioid addiction crisis.
16. Good Girls – Witty script, great twists and turns, 3 housewives decide to rob a grocery store. Say no more.
17. The Stranger – Lots of twists and turns in this UK drama, keeps you guessing right up until the end!
18. Locke & Key – a brand new 2020 series about a family in need of a fresh start…. need we say more.
19. The Sinner – Some very perplexing murders take place and it is up to a detective with some issues of his own to unravel plot twist after plot twist to work out why these vicious attacks took place for, seemingly, no apparent reason.
20. One day at a time – This funny family series follows three generations of the same Cuban-American family living in the same house.
Best of luck to you all and happy binging!
Kim & Gabriel